Sunday, September 18, 2011

Echoing

I know I have been a big quiet on the blog lately.  I really do have a lot to say, believe me, but time is quickly moving in faster increments than it used to!  And sometimes, other people can just say it perfectly for you!  
One of our dear friends wrote a blog entry the other day that really struck a note with us.  As we are working so hard and so fast to expand our family through adoption, we sometime land on how significant that word is--Family.  Here is her post from Asking with Faith
 
I am so thankful for my family.  
Not because they are funny (which they are) or they are cute (which they are) or even because they love me (which they do...most of the time).  I am thankful for them because I have them.  I really cannot comprehend how I have a family and 163 million children do not.  163 million.  That is more then the population of Canada people.  Why me?  Why not them?
Why not Alex?
{not to be confused with "my" Alex on the right of this blog}
He is 7 years old and  "would love to have a family of his own."
"Alex is extremely curious, and wants to know about everything. He loved our camera, and while all the other kids wanted their pictures taken, he wanted to figure out how every button worked. He is one of the older kids at the orphanage, and he has seen so many other kids come and go.  He needs a family so badly."
Why not Sadler?
He is 6 years old and he "very much wants a family of his own."
 " Sadler is a typically developing child.  He is smart, healthy, active, and friendly."

Why not Yelena? 
She is 7 years old and "So badly wants a family of her own."

"What a beautiful, glowing smile Yelena has!  Beautiful blonde hair (all hidden under her kerchief)."

These children are just that, children.  And there one wish?  A family.  How can I not be thankful when I have the one thing so many children and teens pray for?

So that is my light bulb moment of the week.  Be thankful for your family.  
Just because they are your family.  163 million children would love to have one.

And because they are cute and funny and I love them, here is a picture of my family.  
Oddly, this is only half of us.
----------------------------------------------
Alex, Sadler and Yelena are all waiting for families.  Do you have room in your family for one of them?  They aren't picky and you don't have to be perfect!!
 
*Thanks for letting us 'borrow' your post, Joanna!  I am glad I have my family and I am so incredibly, overwhelmingly lucky and excited to be able to give something so precious to an adorable little girl across the world who needs just that--a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We love to interact with the most important part of this blog--YOU!